I have been making all my own baby food for Hendrix since he started eating solid food. We chose to do baby led weaning from day one which meant it was nice to have some softer healthy foods in the freezer that we could just pull out in the morning and put in the diaper bag. I made these quinoa bites a few months ago and have had endless amounts of mommies asking me for the recipe. I am not much of a cook so it is shocking I am making a post on food so bare with me!
You will need:
2 cups cooked Quinoa
1/2 cup Cheese
1/4 cup Baby oatmeal
1. Make the quinoa as directed on the packaging.
2. While the quinoa is cooking I pureed spinach and kale together.
3. Once the quinoa is cooked and ready add in cheese, baby oatmeal (acts as bread crumbs but adds extra iron), kale and spinach.
4. Mix all together and make them into small patties.
5. Fry them on each side just so they stick together and don’t fall apart.
6. Let them sit until they are cool enough to put into a ziplock bag into the freezer.
Babies LOVE these and they are amazing because they are packed full of nutrients and you don’t have to worry about keeping them refrigerated if you are out.